According to the National Association of Home Builders, outdoor living spaces are one of the top trends in home design this year. And for a good reason! There are many benefits to having an outdoor living space, from adding extra square footage to your home to improving your overall quality of life. Here are just a few reasons why you should consider adding outdoor living space to your home:
They add extra square footage to your home.
Outdoor living spaces are a great way to add extra square footage to your home without going through the hassle and expense of a traditional home addition. In fact, according to the National Association of Realtors, outdoor living space can increase your home’s value by up to 15 percent!
If you’re thinking about adding outdoor living space to your home, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Define the purpose of your space. Do you want a place to relax and entertain guests? Or are you looking for a more functional space, like a home office or play area for your kids? Once you know how you want to use the space, you can start planning accordingly.
- Consider the climate. If you live in an area with harsh winters, you’ll need to ensure your outdoor living space can be used year-round. This might include adding a fireplace or installing heating lamps. Conversely, if you live in a hot climate, you’ll want to ensure your space has plenty of shade and ventilation.
- Use suitable materials. When choosing materials for your outdoor living space, remember that they will be exposed to the elements. Choose durable materials that stand up to the sun, rain, and snow.
- Add some amenities. Consider adding extras like a television, sound system, or outdoor kitchen to make your outdoor living space comfortable and inviting.
- maintenance plan. Just like any other part of your home, your outdoor living space will require some upkeep. Make sure you plan to keep it clean and in good repair.
They improve your quality of life.
Having an outdoor living space allows you to enjoy the outdoors without leaving the comfort of your home. An outdoor living space can be anything from a simple patio to a luxurious outdoor kitchen. No matter your budget, there are plenty of ways to create an outdoor living space that you and your family will love.
If you have a large backyard, you may want to consider creating an outdoor kitchen. An outdoor kitchen can be as straightforward or as elaborate as you like. You can include features such as a grill, sink, fridge, and oven. You may also want to add a dining and seating area if you have the space. Outdoor kitchens are great for entertaining guests or enjoying a meal with your family.
They’re great for entertaining
Outdoor living spaces are the perfect place to entertain guests. Whether you’re hosting a summer barbecue or a winter holiday party, an outdoor living space gives you the extra space you need to accommodate your guests comfortably.
There are a few things to remember when designing your outdoor living space. First, consider the size of your space. You may consider adding a patio or deck if you have a large backyard. If you have a smaller space, such as a balcony or porch, you can still create a beautiful and inviting outdoor living space by adding some potted plants and seating.
They extend your home’s usable space.
In many homes, the indoor living space is limited, making it difficult to find enough room for your family’s activities. An outdoor living space can provide that much-needed extra space and allow everyone in your family to spread out and enjoy their own space.
There are several ways to create an outdoor living space, depending on your budget and the amount of space you have available. A simple patio or deck can provide a comfortable place to relax. At the same time, a more elaborate setup with furniture, an outdoor kitchen, and a pool can turn your backyard into a private oasis. No matter what outdoor living space you create, it will be an essential addition to your home.
They create a connection with nature.
If you love spending time outdoors, outdoor living space is the perfect way to bring the outdoors to your doorstep. You can surround yourself with beautiful landscaping, flowers, and plants and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine any time you want. If you entertain often, outdoor living space can be the perfect place to host parties and gatherings. And if you have a family, outdoor living space can provide a safe and fun place for your kids to play.
Adding outdoor living space to your home can provide several benefits that will improve your quality of life. If you’re thinking about adding outdoor living space to your home, contact a local home builder or remodeling contractor to start your project today!
Ruggieri & Company is a full-service home remodeling company serving the Danville area. We specialize in creating beautiful outdoor living spaces for our clients. If you’re interested in adding outdoor living space to your home, contact us today to schedule a consultation!